Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby Steps...

Today we made another baby-step toward our adoption. We finally sent in the contract (and a bunch of other forms) and another check to AAI. It felt really great to drop that in the mail! Next we'll get a packet of information from AAI telling us what needs to be included in our dossier (then the BIG paperchase begins). We also will have to have our homestudy completed and be approved by the US Dept. of Immigration. We have decided who we will be using for our homestudy and we have talked with the social worker who will be conducting the homestudy for us, so hopefully we will get going on that in the near future.

One little baby-step at a time...

2 comments:

Anita and Family said...

Yea!!! Way to go! You'll be well on your way to your kids before you know it! Enjoy this paperwork phase--take pleasure over the fact that you have SOME control over things right now. It's much harder to wait with nothing to do!

Love,
Anita

7,812 Miles said...

Haha...Thanks Anita! I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of quilting when we get to that point...I may even have to start remembering how to knit...My poor kids will have so many quilts and scarves! I know that as soon as I know who they are, I will be making lots of personalized items for them!

And, I know you'll hear from me a lot more often when we get to that point. Patience is not one of my greatest virtues, I'm afraid...