Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Browsing = Bad Idea


So, today I decided to stop in at one of my favorite stores to do a little browsing. This particular store is one that I go to visit whenever I feel a little bit down. Not that I have any particular reason to be down today, but I just felt like I needed a little pick-me-up. This store is what I imagine to be a kid's dream. Tons of stuffed animals, puppets, dolls, train sets, books, etc. They have a ton of toys that I remember having as a kid, too. Those are the best kind (I think). They also have some clothing, though mostly girls clothes, and mostly little girls clothes. I usually don't spend much time looking at the clothes, because they are ridiculously expensive (adorable, but expensive).





Today I just wandered around the store and browsed, not planning to buy anything at all. But, of course, I found two things I just HAD to get! Yikes! I'm hoping that one of our kids will be a little girl, because now she has an adorable outfit to wear and a doll to play with. The outfit is a really cute top and pants set with a barnyard scene printed on it (these two parts could easily be worn by a little boy, too). Then there is a little jumper that goes on top of it that has a big chicken at the top of it! How adorable is that? And Z loves chickens, so I know he'll love it, too. Oh, and I totally bargain shopped, because it just happened to be on the 40% off rack - bonus for me!



The doll is a little Ty doll that matches one that I bought last summer. We now have a boy and girl doll matching set. Now I suppose I'll have to find a place to store them until we actually have kids who can play with them.

Is it wrong to be picking these things up already? I am so excited about having kids, I guess I just can't stop myself!

No comments: