Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Another Step Completed




One more item of paperwork is completed for our international adoption! Today we received our 171H, which is the approval from the federal government for us to adopt an orphan. YAY!!!

Now I just need to figure out how to get it switched to show that we are approved to adopt from Ghana and not Ethiopia. Right now it states Ethiopia...But, I have heard that the fix isn't too difficult, we will just have to do it. But...this piece of paper is IMPORTANT and we now have it!

I am so thankful today that we live in Iowa and the Iowa office approval process is so much faster than many that I have heard of. Zack and I had our fingerprint appointment on May 17th, and today (June 6th) we got the approval paper in the mail. Just shy of 3 weeks since our fingerprint appointment. Impressive!


4 comments:

Rae said...

Wahoo! That's great! One more step closer... :)

Owlhaven said...

We got ours today too-- exactly one month after our fingerprint appointment. They were telling us 3 months, so I was soooo glad it was quicker...

Stacie said...

That's wonderful - that's a big step!

Sarah Riedel said...

GREAT! Thanks for keeping us updated!