Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I DID IT!!!

The thesis defense is over! And I passed!

Finally....

Just a few edits to make and then I need to turn in the thesis to the thesis office and get some copies printed. But...the hard part is over. My committee was pretty nice to me overall...they asked some tough questions, but all of the questions were fair and they asked questions that made me think about things in a different way. When they asked me to leave the room to deliberate (which is the standard practice), I felt good about it. That was a great feeling. Especially considering the night before I had a meltdown and was sure I couldn't do it.

So, now I will have weekends free and I won't have to carry my laptop around unless I WANT to do something with it. I will have time to read books for FUN! And I will have more time in the evenings to quilt and do things that I want to do. I am so looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Congrats!!! What a big burden off your shoulders (the thesis and the laptop!).

I had to giggle at your last paragraph about having all kinds of new found free time! Enjoy it while it lasts! Hee hee! Pretty soon that aptmt is going to be full of cherubic little faces instead of free time! :)

Stacie said...

Congratulations! I'm feeling a bit lazy since I put off my thesis until after the adoption is complete. So, I'll probably finish it in about 5 years :) Anyway, I'm impressed!! Congrats again!