Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jellybean and Peanut.....

We have an announcement to make! This is it! This is the day! This is the big news!

We have known about these particular two little boys for quite a while now...and we had a sort of "informal, unofficial" referral, but things did not become "official" until quite recently. So, I FINALLY feel comfortable sharing pictures of these two adorable little boys with all of you internet readers.

It is funny....we've known about the boys for quite a while, so I didn't think that our "official" referral would be a very emotional experience for me. But, I was surprised to find that I am feeling very emotional about it. I knew that these two boys had wiggled right into my heart, even though I was trying to keep them at a distance until the referral was "official". Now it feels real. These are the children we've been waiting for. These boys are the children that we will be responsible for. These are the boys that we will be charged with raising so that they are kind, thoughtful, and responsible young men. And someday (Godwilling) they will be thoughtful, kind, and responsible husbands and fathers. THIS is REAL - and it is finally hitting me.

The boys are biological siblings and they are 4 and 3 years old. Jellybean is 4 (on the left) and Peanut is 3 (on the right).




We are so incredibly excited about bringing these boys home. Z already has fishing trips, rocket-launching trips, and kite flying escapades planned out. He can't wait to have boys around. I guess I'll be cooking lots of food for these growing boys while they are out playing with their Dad ;)

I've started collecting some clothing and toys already...and just this week I started working on that stash of fabric so that the boys will have home-made (mom-made) quilts.

We have been so blessed so far with the amount of information we have about these two boys. We've been so lucky to have had our adoption coordinator travel to Ghana twice, bringing back pictures of the boys both times. We have some information about their personalities and even guestimates on what size clothing they wear. I have to constantly remind myself that the amount of information we have right now about the boys is far more than what other adoptive families often get during their entire adoption journey. And we know that we are likely to get even more information on them in the future (as other adoptive parents travel for "work trips" or to pick up their children, or when our coordinator travels again). What an incredible blessing that is!

We do not yet have any information about how long the rest of the process will take or when they might be coming home. We are with a new program, and our family (along with 4 others) will be the ones setting the timeline. So, we're guinea pigs. And we're ok with that. We know that they will be coming home when the time is right. Of course, I am hoping that is sooner, rather than later, but patience has never been one of my strong points. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have admitted that...will God take that as an opportunity to teach me a lesson? Yikes!

Our boys are totally adorable, don't you think? And, yes, I know I am biased. ;)

I have lots more to share over time...but I figured I would share in small doses. Gotta keep you internets on your toes afterall!

10 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Adorable--congrats!!!!

Mary, mom to many

Rae said...

Wowee Chanda! Congratulations! They are perfectly adorable (I almost typoed "adoptable"! I guess that would be appropriate too!) Can't wait to hear all about them. :)

Yay Chanda!

Stacie said...

Oh my goodness - I was so happy to see your news! They are completely adorable. Congratulations! I can't wait to read more about them. :)

Anita and Family said...

Yea! I'm so glad you finally got to make your internet announcement!!! I can't wait until the boys are home safe and sound with their wonderful mom and dad! And I feel priviledged to have played any itty bitty part in it!
Anita

Chuck and Jenny said...

I don't know how I missed this! Well, I do...I just haven't had much computer time lately. But congratulations on the boys! Hope they are able to come home soon!

Leslie said...

I'm so happy for you!! They are just adorable!!

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS - COULD THEY BE ANY MORE ADORABLE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I know exactly what you mean about the suprising emotion when the referral is official - that is exactly how I feel with Abush - we've known for a couple of months that it was going to happen and I have been so relaxed, but now that it's official the achiness inside to have him home is growing....

arizonadavidson said...

YEA! It is so exciting to see them on your blog! They are simply adorable. Jellybean and Peanut fit them perfectly! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am so happy for you both and can't wait for them to get home to you.
Jennine

Jamie said...

Just found your site today.

Congrats on your boys! They are handsome young boys!

We have one bio child and one adpted child (domestic) and are considering either Haiti or an African country next.

I have saved your blog so that I can follow your journey to your sweet two little boys.

fully operational battle station said...

Chanda,

These boys are the sweetest, most precious things I have ever seen. You clearly are already in love. :)

I am so thrilled for you. How wonderful to have these little faces to dream about.

YAY! Thanks so much for sharing. This is wonderful!

Jamie