Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Heart Is Full...

Heidi (another mom in the Ghana program) is currently in Ghana on a work trip. She's helping the orphanage staff develop curriculum for their school program (they will be teaching school for the younger kids at the orphanage) and doing some projects for the orphanage as well (like painting, etc.). While she and her friends are there, they are loving on all of the kids at the orphanage, taking pictures, and providing us with fantastic updates on them.

On Saturday, Heidi handed out the Welcome Bags for the kids. Now they know about us! She said that they all seemed to understand what the welcome bags were all about and what they meant. She also said that all the kids were most interested in the photo albums of their new families and they spent time going through each one. Jellybean and Peanut kissed the pictures in the photo album!! How cute is that?!?!

Today we got another fantastic update on the kids from Heidi. She said that the kids are learning the sounds of the letters of the alphabet. They have a song to help them remember "A, ah, apple" "B, buh, ball" etc. She said that she was teaching the kids her name later in the day and Jellybean said "Heidi, huh, H". He figured out that her name starts with an H. Internets, our boy is SMART!

I have loved getting updates and photos of our kids as AAI staff have traveled and taken pictures of them. Those pictures are SO PRECIOUS to me. I stare at them...trying to really see what they were thinking and how they were feeling when the shutter closed. But, I can honestly say that the updates we've gotten from Heidi during this trip are making my heart sing! And they came WITHOUT PICTURES! I'm getting a glimpse into their personalities! The child-specific updates are small...just a sentence scattered into a much larger update about all the children in the orphanage as a whole. But those sentences pop out to me and I hold on to them tightly.

Now...I just have to wait for Heidi to get home so she can share the photos with me! ;)

If you want to read some of Heidi's updates go here.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is so wonderful that you can get these photos of your kids! So great, but I'm sure it makes the wait hard too. Thanks for posting on my blog. I'll link to yours now. Email me offline so I can share some more info with you. jen@forpetsake.com. Thanks!

Stacie said...

Oh that is so sweet! I love that they kissed the pictures! :) And, what a smart little guy! I can't wait for them to come home!

tater said...

How cute that they are so excited about their mom and dad and what a smart little guy. The teachers will be fighting over your boys. Okay at least I would be:)

Meghan said...

I am very interested in your adoption journey - I'm just starting my own and I am very ... well, exhausted from reading so many blogs. I would love some advice. And, I have seen no blogs about Ghana until yours. I would love more information. Meghanmw@hotmail.com