Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So much more than I was hoping for....

Heidi returned from her trip to Ghana and her husband Kurt posted her pictures online for those of us who were just itching to see them. Thank you Heidi and Kurt! These pictures were so much more than we could have ever hoped to get. I am so anxious to go get my boys now (not that I wasn't before)!

Here is a picture of the boys going through their photo albums (from the welcome bags we sent them). That's us in the picture. Is it not too precious for words that Peanut is kissing the photos? And the woman going through the photo album with them? I don't know her...but I love her. I love all the women who are working with our children at Eban House. Every time I see new pictures of the boys they look happier and healthier. The women who work at Eban House are the reason the kids are happy and healthy. They are being well-cared for and they are being LOVED. Knowing that makes the wait so much easier for us.
And now for a couple pictures of Jellybean and Peanut wearing their super-special Iowa State University T-shirts! (whew! Thank God they fit them!)And my first glimpses of our boys' artwork. I think they could be artistic geniuses...what do you think? Oh...and a minor observation. We got a couple of pictures of Peanut with purple things...purple artwork...purple lacing toy. Maybe my boy likes purple...you know, like his momma!









And yes...I think it is perfectly ok if my boy likes purple!

2 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Too adorable for words!

Anita and Family said...

LOL! I had to laugh about Peanut like purple. Do you remember his first pictures where he was in the pink t-shirt all of the time? That is because he LOVES that pink t-shirt! They boy definitely has a flair for preppy colors I think! The pink/purple thing has no girly conotation in Ghana. I wonder how many boys in America would choose them as their favorite if they weren't taught that they were "girl" colors? Hmmm...

Congrats Chanda! I can't believe how much they have filled out! And the woman in the picture? That is our teacher Lucy. =-)

Anita