Friday, September 21, 2007

I Hate Fridays

Yes...you read that right. I hate Fridays. Never in my life did I think that I would start to dislike Friday. The last day of the school-week or the work-week. The night you can stay up late and sleep in the next morning because you don't have work, school, or church the following morning. But, the truth is, I have come to really dread Fridays.

In the adoption world, Friday is the last day of the week that the agency office is open. Its the last day of the week that things can happen in your adoption process. Its the last day of the week that the agency can update you on your case's progress.

We are at that stage in our adoption process where we are waiting for information. We're expecting news soon, but we don't know when for sure. So if we don't hear anything on Friday, then we go another long weekend with no information.

I've been swamped at work today, but I've also been keeping my eye on the clock. With every passing hour it is less and less likely we will hear anything new today. Bummer.

Silver Lining: It's Friday, afterall. I get to hang out with Z, maybe watch a movie or two, drink a glass of wine, and sleep in tomorrow. Can't complain too much about that.

4 comments:

steffany said...

I feel your pain.

Leslie said...

I was doing so well for a long time and recently I've gotten to this place where it seems like there SHOULD be some news/ movement and it is really tiring for there not to be. :( I am with you.

Megan said...

Yes, Fridays stink in the adoption world! Fridays and holidays where the agency/court is not working...Colombia has 26 "bank" holidays where the court does not work...that is an average of one every other week!

Congratulations on your referral...sorry I'm so slow to get here and check it out. I am so excited for you and will be praying for you as you wait. The unknown waiting is the hardest, as is answering the same question over and over. I used to want to respond, "If I knew anything I'd be jumping up and down telling everyone I know when we are getting our children!" Of course, I usually just politely repeated that the timeframes were uncertain. I will be praying that you hear some encouraging news soon.

I have loved reading your blog and have been greatly encouraged by it today! I'm looking forward to going back and reading older posts when I have another afternoon nap time that is quiet!

Stacie said...

You are so right! I used to hate Fridays when we were waiting. I hope you get some news before this Friday comes along!