Saturday, September 29, 2007

Waiting Badly

Another week has passed...and I just realized that we are at the very tail-end of September with no hope of getting news of passing court until October, so that means another month has passed. To be honest, we haven't done a whole lot in the way of preparing for the boys in the most recent weeks (at least not in the physical way). We've been thinking a lot and preparing our minds and our hearts for the boys arrival, but their room looks just the same as it did a few weeks ago (except there might be a few more bags of stuff piled up on their beds). I've decided I don't want to finish work on their room until we have a better idea of when they are coming home (or at least until after we pass court). I figured it would be too difficult to have their room all ready for them but still not know when they would be here to use it. We still have a pretty big list of things that we need/want for the boys, but we have the basics taken care of. And we're hoping to put off buying lots of toys, etc. until after Christmas and after they get home in case the boys get some treasures from aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas for Christmas. After all, we don't want to spoil them TOO much, right?

Our adoption coordinator, Anita, has been absolutely fabulous! She has been so sweet to email me the last couple of Fridays to let us know how things are going. She's been through this before and knows how difficult those Fridays can be. She is working so hard to get everything squared away in Ghana. Not only is our agency (AAI) facilitating adoptions in Ghana, but they are also establishing an orphanage in Ghana. New regulations mean that setting up the orphanage is keeping everyone extra busy.

I am trying so hard to be patient and to wait for news from Anita. These past couple of weeks I have had to keep reminding myself that I don't need to call her or email her to "remind" her about our case! As if she could forget! After all, I know that she will be nearly as excited as we are to receive news of positive court outcome!

Our case is getting closer and closer to court. One more piece of paperwork needs to be completed before submission and then we are ready. We are hoping for some good news at the end of this next week. For those of you who are of the praying persuasion, please pray that I will have peace in my heart about this wait...that I will keep my fingers off of the phone to call Anita and my cursor off of the "send" button. And, if you could pray that we get some good news about court in the next couple of weeks, I would appreciate that, too! :)

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Definitely praying for you! My eyes are filled with tears - I can't imagine how this waiting feels for you - I hope & pray the waiting ends very soon.

Sarah Riedel said...

Chanda,
Is there anything I might have that you need for the boys? Are you coming 'home' anytime soon so I could put some things together? Also, could you tell me again what items the orphanage needs so I can be looking for good deals for you or Peggy to take? Sarah

jennine said...

I am praying for you and hope that you get good news soon! I just can't even wait for those cuties to come home and to hear stories about their transition to their new home and family! :-)
Jennine