Saturday, October 20, 2007

Elevator music anyone??

I haven't updated the blog in a while...sorry about that. I guess I feel like I am in the midst of a seemingly endless phone conversation where I've been put on hold and I'm listening to terrible elevator music. Such is life, I guess. At this point, there really isn't much to update you on. We are still waiting to hear when our court date will be. Another family will be heading to court soon (Tuesday) and if all goes well for them, then we should be up next. So, there's hope that we could have our court date within the next two weeks. I will certainly update about this when I can. Though...I may wait until AFTER it happens, that way I don't have to tell everyone again if there is another delay.

There is a volunteer traveling to Ghana at the end of this month and she is planning a trip to Eban House. She very graciously offered to carry over a couple of letters for our boys and hopefully she will get some good pictures while she is there. New pictures are always exciting!

Today in a fit of insanity, I decided to rearrange the living room (again). Mind you, our living room is not the biggest room, and there is a VERY limited number of ways we can arrange the furniture in here. But, I really needed a change of some sort. So, I switched a couple of pieces of furniture with some furniture we had in the basement office so that we could finally have our DVD collection on the same floor as the TV and DVD player. Minor conveniences, you know? However, I decided to do this while Z was out enjoying the outdoors (hunting) so I was going at it alone. And I was too impatient to remove the DVDs from the cabinet before carrying it up the stairs. But, with lots of pushing and pulling and straining I managed to make it up the stairs all on my own. Perhaps next time I decide to rearrange on a whim I will convince Z to help out, too.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Chanda,

I will pray that you have a successful court date soon! I've been a little down, because it seems we will be stuck listening to the elevator music longer than expected :(

I keep trying to tell myself it is in God's timing, but it is not easy to wait.

At this point it just feels like our daugthter should be here, but it is like she is missing.

Sue