Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Found Them!!

So...ever since I've known that I would be traveling to Ghana to pick up our kiddos, I've been on the hunt for a good pair of traveling shoes. I've been reading other adoptive parent blogs, checking their packing lists, and trying to glean as much information as I can from them. So far, every blog that I've read that happens to mention the shoes (you know, the most important detail) they were using to travel with brought crocs.

Ugh....crocs?? Really? I have nothing against crocs, mind you. In theory they are perfect for traveling. You can slip them off and on easily, if they get dirty you just rinse them off and you have clean shoes again, they are relatively comfortable, and you can wear them without socks so when you are traveling in Africa your feet don't get too hot. But, personally, I think crocs are just ugly. Sure, they come in lots of fun colors, but unless you are hanging out at the beach or working at the pediatric ward in the hospital, bright orange shoes just don't seem appropriate (for an adult).

I had a pair of crocs at one point. Navy blue ones...they didn't fit right...and they shrunk when I left them out in the sun. There went the crocs.

But, since EVERYONE seems to be traveling with crocs, I decided to give the line one more look. Maybe they have something new. Maybe they have a pair of shoes that is cute and that isn't made entirely of some weird plastic polymer.

Look what I found! Of course, they are the most expensive shoes they had in their current inventory (just my luck). But, they are cute, they are not made entirely of that plastic "stuff", and they should work great for traveling. I can still rinse them off when they get dirty, they are comfortable, and they slip on and off easily. And, if I really wanted to, I could wear them with socks.




Well...I have my travelin' shoes. Now, when do we leave???

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Those are cute!! (The black on black ones, I still don't get the orange and brown or pink and red ones!!) I might have to get some of those! :)

Stacie said...

Those are so cute! I'm completely jealous because I wore totally ug crocs in Ethiopia (well, they were the mary jane style - a teeny bit cooler, and it was the rainy season, so you can kind of understand).

Kelly said...

I agree -those are cute. I spent 9 weeks in flip-flops and it worked great for me.