Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Shower of Blessings!


On Tuesday I was blessed by some of my friends and colleagues at work. When they started to hear rumblings that we were getting closer to bringing our boys home, they decided they wanted to throw me a little party. They put together a very yummy pot-luck lunch, we looked at pictures of the boys and some of the other kiddos in the orphanage, I answered lots of questions, and then I opened presents! It was a small group, but we had a great time and they were so generous. We got a pair of perfect matching carseats for the boys, a few toys (matchbox cars, little people toys, legos), gloves for the boys fingers when they come home during the COLD winter, some gifts of money, and a few donations for the orphanage. They asked great questions and some of them offered some wisdom and advice. But, the very greatest gift they gave me was the gift of support. It was so great to have a group of people get together to celebrate our decision to adopt these two little boys. Knowing that they are encouraging and supportive is priceless to us.

In other news, Z and I are working on a plan for travel and filing our I-600. If we can get all the details worked out, I'll have news to share about that!


2 comments:

Stacie said...

How fun! It's so great to celebrate these beautiful boys that are already a part of you!

So - you're traveling to Ghana to file? Am I reading that right? That's exciting - can't wait to read more!

Kristin Jag said...

How wonderful that they did that for you- we are excited to have you pave the way for us!