Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Rollercoaster Morning...

I was all geared up to write a post about how frustrated I've been the last day or two...to tell you all about how agonizing it is to wait on paperwork and not know how long it could take. I was going to tell you how much I hated the idea of having Z leave our boys in Ghana while he returns and we wait for things to be processed. I was going to tell you that financially, we are wondering how we will make it work if I have to travel in a few weeks to bring the boys home. I was going to tell you how worried Z is about his job here at home and how he wants/needs to get home and get back to work (his co-workers have been incredibly accomodating and understanding...but he doesn't want to leave them with his case-load any longer than he HAS to).

I was going to tell you that I got really nervous when Anita called me this morning because she had heard our paperwork might not be where it needs to be and she couldn't call the embassy to find out. I was going to tell you how frustrated I was when I heard back from our senator's aid with information that I already knew months ago and wasn't really relevant to our case.

But...I don't have to now. I got word later this morning that our I-600 approval will be complete by the end of the day (which means its done by now)!!! The guys can now work on the boys' visas!

It still doesn't really feel REAL yet. My head is spinning with all the stuff that I need to get done before Z and the boys come home. I have grocery shopping to do...finishing touches on the boys' room to get done...cleaning to do...bedding and other laundry to wash....etc., etc., etc.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...this is an answered prayer for sure. We have appreciated all of your support and we love that you all rejoice with us!

I would appreciate continued prayer for fast visa processing so that the boys are issued their visas on Friday and they can leave Ghana on Saturday. I would also appreciate prayers for safe travels and happy homecomings!!

I will keep you all posted!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I read Renee's post earlier and I've been waiting for you to post! Congratulations to all of you, and hopefully all 3 of your boys will be home next week!

Jim & Laurel said...

Praising the Lord with you!

Hopefully our turn will be soon.

Laurel

Leslie said...

Praying for your kids' cases to be processed quickly.