Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A few more photos

Everywhere we go, people always ask us "Are they twins?" To me, the question just seems to get funnier and funnier every time I hear it. Knowing the boys as well as I do, they don't look alike to me at all! They have such different personalities; and different expressions; their faces are shaped differently; and Peanut is noticeably shorter. If I didn't know otherwise, I wouldn't necessarily think that they were biological brothers. I thought I'd plan this photo - this is as close as I can get to making them look like "twins". They do not dress like this on a typical day!


Peanut being silly with his hat. After putting it on his head like this he strutted around the house and then started "rapping" and break dancing. I wonder where he picked that up??


I decided to make some creme brulee yesterday for a special treat. The boys LOVED it! They were particularly excited to see me bring out the butane torch to burn the sugar on top.


I hope they don't expect us to buy creme brulee for them when we go out to eat at restaurants! But...since it was such a hit, maybe I'll have to make it for special occasions around here.

4 comments:

A. Gillispie said...

Chanda, I cannot believe how much Peanut has changed! Where did those big hug sad bedroom eyes with little bags under them go? I guess he just needed his mommy and daddy!
Anita

Renee said...

They are beautiful!

Stacie said...

Oh they are so cute! Love the hat picture!

Jim & Laurel said...

While Rachel and Sarah are 3 years apart (now 6 & 9), we are shocked by how many people ask, "Are they twins?" And ... they're still in Ghana, so it's not just white people thinking that all black people look the same.

Funny story ... when Jim and I were in a taxi with the 3 kids, the driver turned to Jim and asked him if he had born the children with a black woman. Jim smiled and said, "No, this is my wife. We are adopting the children." The driver didn't seem to understand what adoption was.

Laurel