Monday, April 28, 2008

Mommy - I like that party!

I am little late in posting about this, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

My two sis-in-laws decided to host a "Welcome to the family" party for the boys a little over a week ago. The boys and I made the trek to central Minnesota to stay with my parents for a long weekend, enjoy the outdoors, and go to the party. The boys handled the drive amazingly well. It took us 7 hours to get there, but they kept themselves pretty busy in the backseat and we didn't need to make too many emergency bathroom stops!
When the party started, I was a little worried we might have a Peanut melt-down. But, once everyone arrived and things calmed down he was just fine. Both boys were surprised that the party was just for them and that everyone came to see them. And - they got presents!
The boys did a great job opening their gifts and making sure they said "Thank You" for each one. They really do appreciate ALL the gifts they received. The toys we had before are "old news" now that they have new exciting things to play with!
It was a lot of fun to see everyone at the party and to introduce the boys to so many members of my family. I know that some of them drove a significant distance to see us and we really appreciate it. Now that they've met more of the family, it really feels like they are officially a part of the group!
Here we are buried under a pile of gifts.

The boys checking out their new laptops.

Me and the boys.

Four generations in one picture.

My grandma, my mom, me, and all 5 of my mom's grandkids.

No comments: