Saturday, May 10, 2008

Umm??

So, what do you do when your husband buys you something you really WANT, but know you don't NEED....and you know he spent a lot of money on it...money that could be spent on other more necessary things??

Take the gift and be thankful?

Say "Thank you! I love it! But, please take it back" ??

Ask that he exchange it for something similar, but perhaps a less expensive model?

So, Z couldn't wait to give me my Mother's Day gifts...I asked for a bottle of my favorite perfume...but he came home with a LAPTOP COMPUTER. Yes - I LOVE it! But...I don't NEED it...I already have one. Granted, the one I have is getting old...the CD drive no longer works...and I think the hard drive is on its way out...But I was so not expecting him to come home with a computer!! Yikes!

Now, I have to admit I have been salivating over the Mac AirBook...A computer THAT thin! Imagine the places you could take it! I also know that it isn't terribly practical for me (and a Mac AirBook is NOT what Z came home with today (thankfully)). Recently, Z has gotten really into programming and has been working on the Linux system with his computer. And, I know that he would take my old laptop, stick the Linux operating system on it and go to work playing with it. So, I know my old laptop won't be wasted...but still. Do I NEED a new one right now? After all, I just finished my thesis and now I basically use the computer to play. This requires some thinking.

3 comments:

Jim & Laurel said...

Sooo ... what kind did you get? :)

We are a total Mac family ... having bought 5 new Macs and 3 used Macs in the last year and a 1/2. (4 big kids bought their own).

I LOVE my 20" iMac. Yea! When we went to Africa, I borrowed one of my girls iBooks (liked it too).

May your first Mother's Day be doubly blessed!!!

Laurel :)

Sarah Riedel said...

Happy Mother's DAy!

Anonymous said...

I say keep the computer e-mail me the pictures and then make a true decision:) Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! ~Jasmine