Monday, June 2, 2008

Pregnant Dreams

Over the past few years, I have learned that most of the big changes in my life have been accompanied by "pregnant dreams". Dreams where I see myself pregnant, or I feel in some way that I am pregnant in my dreams. I don't very often have dreams that I wake up and remember, so when I do they make me feel unsettled and off-balance.

During my senior year of college I had pregnant dreams shortly before going to Tanzania, a trip that totally changed my life and in many ways led me to where I am now. Then between my senior year of college and graduate school I had more pregnant dreams, and of course big changes were in store. During the period of time between Z and I dating and breaking up (but not yet back together) I had more pregnant dreams...only to later get back together with Z and I soon realized I was with "the one". I had pregnant dreams while Z was in Iraq and I was dealing with lots of things on nearly every front.

Strangely enough, I have not had pregnant dreams since Z was in Iraq...at least not until two weeks ago.

After waking up from these dreams they consumed my day. What changes are ahead? What is in store for me? Is this change one for me to look forward to, or one to dread? Should I be bracing myself?

I know it sounds kooky, but I do think of these dreams as a notice of sorts. They make me start thinking outside the box. They get me to examine where I am and try to anticipate what the change might be.

This morning I got a phone call which may explain the current round of "pregnant dreams". Now I just need to figure out how it is all going to play out. If you are of the praying persuasion, prayer would be appreciated. Its a big one!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Praying for you!!! God is in control, and He knows what is in store for you. :)

Heather A. said...

Praying that the change is one to look forward to, and if it's one to dread that you have the courage and strength to face it.

Renee said...

Chanda,

This is so weird...

I had a pregnant dream 2 nights ago..:o)

Amazing how a phone call can change your whole life. Praying for you!!!!

Love,
Renee

Heather said...

Wow! I'm intrigued! We need more info when you can share! Praying for your life change!

Heather

Jim & Laurel said...

I had a pregnant dream while in Africa to bring home our 3 children. It was a bit unsettling.

Looking forward to hearing about the changes ahead that God has for you.

Laurel

Kristin Jag said...

Wow! I am praying for you guys!!