Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dreamin'

Yesterday Z and I went to take a look at some houses in a town nearby. We are SO ready to buy a house. Our place is small, we've been renting for what seems like a lifetime and we want to have a place that's "ours". A place where I can dig up some ground to make a garden, a place where I can put some paint on the walls, a place where we can really, truly feel "at home".

Of course, since I don't yet have a full-time job, our price range is pretty limited. Most of the houses we look at are older homes, or smaller homes, or homes that need a LOT of work to make them feel live-able. Or, they are homes in smaller towns further away from the town we work in (which would force us to pay more in gasoline to get to work throughout the year).

Our real estate agent (let's call her Agent M) has been so great to us. Quite a long time ago (like years ago), Z and I were thinking about buying a house and Agent M showed us a TON of houses! We were close to making an offer then, but decided the timing just wasn't right for a series of reasons. We are glad we took the time to look back then, though...because now we know realistically what we are looking at. And we can walk into a house and know right away whether or not its worth looking at seriously. And Agent M, bless her heart, is STILL willing to show these two fickle kids a bunch more houses.

Yesterday, though....she showed us a GREAT house! A really great house. A house we both walked into and loved. A house that has tremendous character. A house that is totally live-able without major work. A house that is big enough for our family (even if we grow a little bit more). A house that has my very favorite choice of flooring options (hardwood floors throughout - and they're in great shape)! A house whose yard is nice...with a little landscaping can be great (and I WANT to do my own landscaping). A house with a yard large enough for me to sacrifice some of it for garden space. A house with a detached garage with electricity and a little workshop space for Z to do some of his hobbies outside. A house with a little office area (with great lighting) where I could do some serious quilting. A house with a tree house in the back yard for hours of play time for the boys.

Get it? We love the house.

So...now I NEED to get that full-time job (as if I didn't need to before). Please send positive energy my way - I could use it. I really want to get one of the jobs I've recently applied for so we know without a doubt that we could afford this house (and to be honest, we could probably afford a much more expensive house if I got a job, but this house is GREAT). We could probably afford this house without me getting that full-time job...but we don't want to have to make that choice.

Full time job, where are you?!?!

No comments: