Monday, August 18, 2008

Cute, but...


The adorable Oliver...
Truthfully, I didn't have much planned for the weekend. I usually only go in to work 2-3 times during the week so the boys aren't at daycare all the time...but this week I lost a day because Peanut was sick (though he recovered quickly). So, I was planning to spend a chunk of my time on Saturday in the lab working to make up for that lost day. But, with pets and kids around here, you never really can count on your plans coming to fruition.


Instead of spending the day at work making money, I spent a big chunk of my Saturday taking this adorable doggie to the veterinarian. On a SATURDAY...for an emergency. Don't worry...he's fine (or at least he's fine now), but it cost me a pretty penny to take him in, get him looked at and treated. In all honesty, I could have made him wait to go to the vet until Monday, but I really didn't want to take the chance that he could get an infection and get really sick. So, I called the vet, explained the problem, and she said "Yep, bring him in". So, there went my Saturday.

Instead, I spent just a part of my Saturday at the lab...and then a part of my Sunday at the lab. But, I got everything done (and even managed to fit in most of my laundry duties, too).

This is what the boys did. I missed out on all the fun!


3 comments:

zbert said...

Those fish are huge!! Whoever taught those boys to fish must be a great fisherman!!

Bingaling said...

Oh my dear husband (and fisherman extraordinaire), your modesty amazes me!
;o)

zbert said...

I am the most modest person I know after all...