Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


Monday was Jellybean's first day of Kindergarten!

To be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about him starting school. You see, most moms get 5 years or so to prepare themselves for this first big day...I had not quite 8 months. Overall, I think I did pretty well. I am excited for Jellybean. I know this is a big deal for him. He is ready to go to school and I know it will be really good for him. I didn't cry...but I did feel a little teary off and on all day.

Last week, Jellybean had a one-hour orientation for school where we went in to have a treasure hunt in his classroom so he could learn where everything was and feel a little more comfortable walking in to class that first day. This week he goes to Kindergarten every day for a half day...and next week he starts going for full days. This schedule makes the transition a little easier for everyone...and I'm grateful for that.

Even after just these first couple of days...I am definitely missing seeing my little boy! I know that this transition might be a bit tougher for Peanut and myself than it will be for Jellybean!

So far, he loves school. He's making new friends and gaining independence every day. So much for my little boy...he's growing up!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

They look so tiny to be heading to school! I'm glad he's transitioning well, and that was a great idea to spend the school time with Peanut at the Botanical Garden! Fun all around!

PS - I'm still waiting for your secret from a while ago...

Bingaling said...

Jenny,
I know, I know...someday it will all make sense...
;o)
Chanda