Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Because Sometimes You Need To Be Selfish

Ok...so a while ago I read THIS POST by Jenny and realized that I could TOTALLY relate to what she was saying in that post. Totally. You see, Jenny felt like she lost something over the past few months being a new mommy. She lost herself...and boy do I know that feeling!

As a result, I decided to start a new blog. One that's just about me. I know its selfish...and I know that I am not nearly as interesting or cute as Jellybean and Peanut...and maybe no one will read it. But I'm ok with that. The new blog (THE PURPLE FERN) is a place where I can talk about my likes and dislikes, my hobbies, my favorite and least favorite things, my interests, and my opinions (well...maybe I'll venture far enough to put my opinions on some things out there). Sure, Z, Jellybean and Peanut will probably make cameo appearances once in a while...but things over there will be mostly about me. Maybe by having the other blog, I'll start remembering just who this Mommy is when she's not making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, teaching small boys about shapes and colors, answering a million "what is dat?" questions, and telling little boys its time to go to bed now. And maybe the new blog will give me some motivation to get out those hobbies and work on some projects (if for nothing else than to give me some blog fodder).

If you're interested, stop on over and say hello.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Great idea!

I've been a mommy for 24 years, and my youngest is 6, so I have a lot of years left. I definitely have a few things that I do for ME.

I scrapbook, read interesting books (not just parenting books), go for walks, go to coffee shops with my girlfriends, and occasionally take my own little vacations.

Blessings,

Laurel