Tuesday, September 2, 2008

But its only the second week of school....

....and I'm already feeling like my little man has grown up about 2 years worth in that one week. I can't keep up!

Last week, Jellybean happily held my hand as we walked through the school hallways to find his locker. This morning, he happily held my hand as we walked across the street and into the school. But once we got inside he SHOOK HIS HAND OUT OF MINE!! I wanted to just snatch it right back...but instead, I patted the top of his head and Peanut and I slowed down just a bit to FOLLOW Jellybean through the halls to his locker.

He's gaining independence and I'm so proud of him. He's come a LONG way in just 8 short months. But, I'm a little sad...I was hoping I could hold his hand a little longer.

Hmm...I wonder what will happen next week?

UPDATE:
He did not protest when I held his hand after school today...so he hasn't decided to be completely independent just yet. ;o)

3 comments:

Heather A. said...

Oh, what an ouchy for a mommy's heart! Exciting that they are growing and changing, but sad all the same. Hugs,

Heather A

Heather said...

My (now 13 year old) son went through that too. Now, though, he'll gladly grab my hand and walk through Target!! Only now I have to reach UP to pat his head.... :(

Blessings,
The Other Heather

Heather A. said...

Glad to hear that he took your hand again! I think you've still got some little boy years to go with him yet!