Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Smile Award

I have to send out a big "Thank You" to my dear friend Anita who chose to give me the Smile Award! I must admit that most of the smiles around here are generated by two little boys that are in my life because I am directly benefitting from Anita's great work. I know that her job must be incredibly difficult some days...but I also know that the lives of many have been changed forever because of her.

Anyway...here's some information about the Smile Award:

The Smile Award was created by Mere, a high school student from Texas (whose blog template is very cute, by the way).

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

These are the rules for The Smile Award.
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

I would like to give the Smile Award to the following bloggers:
1. The first award goes to Jennifer. She's a mom who adopted two special needs kids...and she's done an amazing job advocating for them and educating others. She's made it her goal to make it easier for other parents to get the information they need to make the decision to adopt these special needs kids. And as a result, more kids will find their way to new families.

2. The next award goes to Kelsey. I've been reading lots of adoption blogs since deciding to adopt...but Kelsey's blog provides a different perspective. She's not an adoptive parent...she's a big sister (and I think her younger brothers and sisters have a great big sis to look up to).

3. The next award goes to Kristin, who is another mom adopting from Ghana. She and her family waited, and waited, and waited for the referral of a little boy. It was amazing how much grace Kristin showed during her wait. Fortunately, she's no longer waiting for the referral. They found out the little boy they were waiting for had a sister, too.

4. The next award goes to Jenny. She's an adoptive mom, too...to a very handsome little man. She's also in the midst of a new adoption journey for a younger sibling. Jenny is also someone who makes me laugh regularly while reading her posts...and consistently reminds me to spill my guts on my blog when I've hinted something big going on. Darn her for paying such close attention!

5. And the last award goes to Heather (even though she's already gotten the award from Anita). Heather and I went through the adoption process at the same time, so her beautiful M and my boys spent some quality time at Eban House together. I have so enjoyed following M's progress as she gets to know her great big sister and gets home schooled by her mom. They always look like they are having so much fun!

1 comment:

KelseyChristine said...

Wow, I'm honored!! Thanks for the award :)