Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween (the narrative)

For some reason, blogger isn't letting me see my pictures in the post editing page...so I can't write narrative between the photos. Oh well.

Our Halloween celebrating started (for Jellybean) one week ago Friday, when Jellybean's kindergarten class held their "harvest party". That weekend my parents came to visit and we decided to go to Living History Farms Family Halloween on Saturday evening. We went with Z's sister and her family and we had a ton of fun. The boys dressed in their costumes, did a little round of trick-or-treating, roasted marshmallows, ate kettle corn, listened to "spooky" stories, walked through a pathway lit by jack-o-lanterns and generally had a good time. Plus, it was really fun for the grandparents to see the boys experience Halloween festivities for the first time. All weekend, Peanut referred to my parents as "Grandma and the Cowboy" because my dad wears a Stetson hat this time of the year. Everyone got a kick out of that!

Last night was officially Halloween, so it was trick-or-treat night. Because Z is gone this weekend for Army duties, I convinced my friend Karen to go with us to "keep me company" (really it was so that I could use her hands to help me keep track of both of my super-heroes). We all had a good time, even though during the last 10 minutes of it Peanut kept asking "are we done yet?" Apparently, he'd had his fill of the activity (but Jellybean wasn't ready to be done). We didn't go for very long, and we didn't even go to that many houses (at least it didn't feel that way), but they came home with a ton of candy!

At the end of the night, we changed into our jammies and sat down to watch "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". All in all, it was a great night (we just wish Daddy would have been home to join us).

No comments: