Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Friend Carolyn

Back in July and August, I posted a few times reminding people to pray for my friend Carolyn and her daughter in Ethiopia. If you've been keeping up on their story, you know they are home now and doing great.

Carolyn's family recently took part in producing a video to advocate for the adoption of HIV+ children. The video is amazing and you can see it HERE.

If you are considering adopting a child with HIV, you need to watch it. If you have friends or family members who are considering adopting a child with HIV, you need to watch it. If you are someone who could NEVER consider adopting a child with HIV, you need to watch it. Adopting a child with HIV is do-able...and the stigmas attached to HIV are based entirely on mis-information and prejudice.

Carolyn is one of my heroes. Someday when I grow up, I want to be like her.

1 comment:

Ericka said...

I completely second that :)