Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our New Digs


We're here now. The dust is still settling, but we're in (and so is all of our stuff). I have LOTS to share...but I'm lacking the time to do it right now.

Christmas was wonderful. The boys really enjoyed the visit to "Tractor" Grandpa and Grandma's house, and especially loved the visit from Santa. Jellybean said he got everything he asked for...and Peanut said that he got ALMOST everything he wanted. ;o) His birthday is coming up pretty soon, so maybe mom and dad can make up where Santa was lacking.

The move to our new house was complicated by bad weather. What could we expect in December? The first day of our move we had really icy road conditions...and Zack had to do some serious work to get the truck into the driveway. It was dicey for a while...but thankfully no one slipped and fell on the ice. The second day of the move, we had snow to deal with (though, thankfully the snow didn't get heavy until after the truck was unloaded).

If it weren't for my friend Josh, we wouldn't be in our new place (or at least all of our stuff wouldn't be here). Our helping hands fell through (also pretty expected during the holidays) so Josh was our only extra set of hands. And to be honest, I was pretty useless for loading the truck since someone had to entertain the small boys. Once stuff arrived at the new place, I pitched in. So...thank you Josh...we owe you.

On top of moving, we had our readoption hearing yesterday. All went well and now everything is totally official and finalized. Whew!

We've been thinking a lot lately about what we were doing last year at this time. Zack is especially longing for Ghana...he totally fell in love with the country and since he was in Ghana at this time last year, he is feeling the tug to go back. Last year Zack arrived at Eban House on Christmas morning (wearing a Santa hat and bearing gifts, I might add). He arrived back home with the boys on January 6th. During the time he was gone, I spent time finishing the boys quilts and hanging on every word that Zack emailed me about our sons that I had never met, but who I loved so much already.

My what a year its been!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great house! Congratulations on almost a year together. For us too! What an amazing experience, isn't it?!

Amy said...

Oh Chanda! I LOVE your house- that porch is just lovely! Congratulations on the house and on your first year together as a family!

Amy

Jenny said...

Chanda, that house looks amazing! I love it! Congratulations on buying a house, I know you've been waiting for a long time. Congratulations on a year also, that's a great milestone!

whenpigsfly said...

What a GREAT house to call HOME!!!
Congratulations and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Linda
www.smithsoup.blogspot.com

JenM said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!!!!!!!!

Sarah Riedel said...

Chanda,
I love the new place. Can't wait to see it in person someday. SArah

Kristin Jag said...

Wow-your house looks like my dream house! I guess we will just have to come and visit when we are in the area next Christmas! Congrats on the new house and the year anniversary!

Tanya said...

Congratulations on the new place and Happy Anniversary! How Fun!!!