Sunday, January 18, 2009

Its Finally My Birthday!!!





Poor Peanut. A year ago...just 3 days after arriving in the United States, Peanut turned 4 years old. But, things were a little overwhelming during those early days, so Z and I decided to keep the birthday very low-key. We had a small gift for each of the boys, we talked about what a birthday was (the boys didn't understand it), and we ate some cupcakes. After a few months rolled by and Jellybean's birthday came around, little Peanut started feeling like we forgot about his birthday. Who could blame him...I'm sure it felt like FOREVER for his birthday to come. Well...last week, his birthday FINALLY arrived! He was so excited to bring mini cupcakes to his babysitter's house, pick out a big birthday cake, have a birthday party, and open presents. I think at the end of the day, he decided that birthdays are pretty cool.

I can't believe he's already 5 years old. Where does the time go?!?!

4 comments:

Kristin Jag said...

Happy Birthday to 'Peanunt'! I can't believe that it has been a year already. I remember blog stalking last Christmas break when I was in MN at my in-laws. Wow! Congrats on the one year anniversay, birthdays, and a new home!

Jenny said...

yay! finally, poor kid! Glad he had his turn at celebrating!

zbert said...

In relative terms, this year was 1 out of 4 that he knew, so it took 1/4th his known life to get to this birthday... poor guy! He was pretty thrilled though, and it was great that presents kept arriving for two weeks!

Heather A. said...

It looks like his birthday was worth the wait! What a grin!