Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yes, you can cook a whole chicken in the crock pot

Over the weekend, I spent some time searching online for some great crock pot recipes. You know, because I'm hoping that I can make some nutritious (and delicious) dinners for my family even though I'm working all day and don't have time to cook in the evenings. Its only Tuesday, but I've already used the crock pot twice this week. Yesterday I cooked a whole chicken (with potatoes, onions, and carrots) and it turned out great! And today I made Polish sausage and cabbage soup. I've been somewhat surprised at how much the boys like cabbage (if its cooked). Both of them ate tonight's soup just fine (and Jellybean even wanted seconds).

So...I just added two more recipes to my recipe box.

Tomorrow I'm putting Z in charge of dinner. I wonder what we're gonna have?!?!

3 comments:

Heather A. said...

The chicken sounds yummy. Can't wait to hear what Z comes up with though! My hubby would just order pizza! lol

realmama said...

Yum! I do a whole chicken like that in the crock pot too. What gets me is de-boning it. Ick.

zbert said...

I made my specialty, Frito Pie... some Hormel Chili, Fritos and Cheese! Last time, it was not popular but this time the boys ate it up!!