Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sad Days

I've been feeling sad these last couple of days. We received news about Twinkie's situation in Ghana that was disappointing and troubling. We don't know what this news means in terms of him joining our family. We want him to...and we are praying in the end it will all still work out....but my mind has begun trying to prepare my heart for disappointment. I feel numb.

I keep going back and forth between thinking that I want to just curl in a ball and sleep for a while (hoping that the situation would be resolved when I wake up) and that I want to just hop on the next plane to Ghana to scoop him up and love him...even if it is just for a little while. Unfortunately, neither one of those options is really viable at the moment.

I can't share the details here...but there is a little boy in Ghana who's in a tough situation. Please say some prayers on his behalf.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Jennine

Heather A. said...

Oh Chanda, my heart just hurts for your family. Please know that your family in my prayers, especially little Twinkie.

Heather A

SupermomE11 said...

Chanda, Oh, I am so sorry. I am praying it works out. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Hugs,
E

Amy said...

Chanda,

I am so sorry that things are so difficult right now. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Amy

Robin Dodd Photography said...

Chanda,

praying for you guys and the little one,

R

Laurel said...

I'll be praying for you, and hoping that Twinkie can come home to your family.

Laurel :)