Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tell me I'm not the only one....



Ok...today I've been terribly unproductive. Terribly unproductive. Well, except for the laundry. I got that done. And I made a grocery list and had Z go grocery shopping. But I had planned to get a bunch of actual "work" done today, and that just isn't happening.

Instead, I spent a big portion of my day looking at adorable dogs on petfinder.org.

I'm crazy, right?

During times of emotional turmoil I always gain tremendous comfort from my pets. Pets (especially dogs, it seems) are so good at knowing just when you need the extra love and attention. They cuddle right in and give kisses. And they don't care whether or not you've done your hair or make-up today. Our pets are a part of our family. No question about it. When we bring a pet into our home, we make a life-long commitment to it. We think long and hard before bringing a new pet into our home. But today....I think today I could have just gone right out to the shelter and picked up a puppy. I didn't, mind you...but I sure did spend a lot of time looking at them.

Looking at these dogs online made me start missing Toby again. My beloved Old English Sheepdog. So I did a little more Google searching online and saw some adorable pictures of some OES puppies. I'm totally smitten. And longing for another OES. I know that a new dog can never replace a beloved pet...but there is just something about the temperment of an Old English Sheepdog.

And who wouldn't love a puppy who looks like this? And I can tell you from experience that they are VERY soft!

1 comment:

Ron said...

You're not the only one!

I can't believe I just ran across this blog post!

Come to forum.oes.org (the OES stands for Old English Sheepdog, of course) and we'll try to talk you out of a puppy... or you can get a fix of OES puppy pix. :D

Well, I don't want to be spamming you, just ran across and say that you're not nuts at all. Sheepies are the best!

Ron
Webmaster, oes.org