Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dog of Destruction

Aww...he's adorable, right?

But, he's also destructive (as all puppies are). He just has a bigger mouth and more strength than the average pup. I've come home to dog prints on my walls...

Chew marks in my walls...

The toilet paper holder in the living room (with toilet paper pieces all over)...

Not to mention the crazy wet dog photo I posted last week.

Why can't he just be this cute all the time (and not chew on my stuff)?!?!?

I know, I know. He's a puppy. That's what he does. And we love Baloo anyway (though we hope he grows out of this destructive stage soon)! I also know that I shouldn't complain. I know of dogs who have done FAR WORSE. Gosh...I hope it doesn't get worse!!

3 comments:

Heather A. said...

Nimboli (the rott) was one of the most destructive dogs that we've ever had. He ate the box springs for our king bed, multiple comforters, sheets, blankets. . .

And do ya know what worked? We got another puppy! Now he has a playmate to keep him occupied!

I think Baloo just needs someone his own age to romp around with. Gee, wouldn't Zack be pleased with that!

Bingaling said...

Ok, Heather...now I know you've gone completely batty! There is NO WAY we're getting ANOTHER dog! LOL! Now that the weather is getting better (shh...don't tell anyone I said this...I'm afraid it will start raining again) he is spending more time outside, using up that energy. That is helping...and now that he's doing better with the potty training, he's also getting to spend more time playing in whatever room we are in. That's helping, too.

Heather A. said...

Yep, that's what I thought! Nice weather does make a difference when they can burn that energy off.