Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms and moms-to-be out there! I hope that you all had a wonderful day with your family.

We had a fairly low-key day around here. We slept in (well, after I went upstairs to tell the boys to be quiet and go back to sleep at 5:45am), had a picnic at a park with friends, played at the playground, did some grocery shopping and flower shopping, and then planted the flowers in pots for our front porch.

This weekend has been kind of a trying one for the boys. Its the first weekend of this mobilization...so its the first weekend without Z being home. Sure, we miss him during the week, too, but our schedules are so busy that things don't feel as different during the week. But the weekend is when the boys really *feel* him being gone. As a result, this was a weekend of acting out and not listening very well.

I'm doing my best to be patient...to not be hard on them when I know they are acting out because they miss their daddy (even if they can't/won't verbalize it). But its hard to be as patient and loving as I want to be when I miss him, too...some days we're all just grumpy! But we're getting through it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Heather A. said...

All the militery wives with husbands deployed deserve an extra special mother's day and I'm sorry to hear that your's was trying. I can't stand it when Nathan travels for a week and I'm home alone. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you and the boys. But you're an amazing mom, so I know you can do it.