Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Look What I Got


When Z was deployed to Iraq in 2004, the sweetest thing he did for me was arrange for a single rose to be delivered to my office EVERY Monday. During that period of the war, we weren't able to talk much over the phone (only 7 times during the whole year) but those flowers were a physical reminder that he was still "here" and that he was still thinking about me. Thankfully, we were able to chat online fairly often during that year, but I really missed hearing the sound of his voice. I dried all of those flowers and still have them in glass display jars. I'm not sure what I'll do with them...but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.


And this little guy? Jellybean made him for me at school. He was supposed to be my Mother's Day gift, but Jellybean hid him in the closet and forgot him until Monday...so his arrival was a little late. But, I don't mind. Jellybean reminded me tonight that I have to pour water on his head everyday so his hair will grow.

1 comment:

Heather A. said...

Oh my, that is the most romantic thing! No wonder ya like the guy ;)