Friday, July 17, 2009

DIY

When I'm going through a funk, I've found that the best thing for me to do is to find some sort of "project" to work on. Yesterday I found a project.

We've been looking for a dresser for child #3's room...but wanted to keep it CHEAP. I've been looking at garage sales and Craig's list for a little while. We've seen a few that would work, but always passed them by thinking something else would come along that would work better.

Yesterday I went to a garage sale and found a little dresser that I think will work just fine. And, because it isn't made out of real wood, I felt completely ok about my plans to paint it.

So yesterday I painted.









I still have to play around with the order of the drawers so they fit better in their spots and don't look crooked...but I'll worry about that when I get it in the house and up into the right room.

6 comments:

JenMiller said...

purple!!! LOVE IT!!! nice work!

Amy said...

Super cute! Quite an improvement... wondering who might be filling that girl-shaped hole in your heart! :) Every step is a step and passionate purple dresser counts!

Fabu

Heather A. said...

Very cute! I love that color!

Something Like Normal said...

I love it. I did the same thing for my little girl. I went with white and colored knobs, but the piece was originally DARK brown. It needed a lot to sanding. Yours looks great.

A. Gillispie said...

So cute!!! You are talented!!! I wish I had your quilting and sewing ability too. I'm stuck crocheting. You should make and sell some of your stuff!

Terynn said...

Adorable!!

Need any more de-funking projects? ::grin::