Saturday, August 29, 2009

Amazing Amazima

I've been reading Katie's blog for a while now. And every time I read it, I am nearly moved to tears. Every time I read it I think "The world needs WAY more Katie's in it." Every time I read it, I wonder what I could do to become more like Katie...to live more like Jesus' hands and feet in this world. She's young - she's only 20. But she's doing it. She has become a mother of 13 orphaned children in Uganda; sometimes more, as she takes in sick children for treatment and TLC. She also feeds hundreds of others every week...provides free medical treatment whenever she can...all while she shares the gospel with those she's helping. She's not just PREACHING it TO people...she's living it in her actions. She's the real deal, folks. And the world needs more Katies.

Go check out her blog - just click on the clip below.

I am angry that the result of this is that these sweet ones suffer in their innocence. I have said it before and it still holds true: I DO NOT BELIEVE that the God of the universe created too many children in His image and not enough love or food or care to go around. In fact I believe that He created the Body of Christ for just that, to help these little ones, the least of these. And I believe that except for a handful, the Body of Christ is failing.

No comments: