Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fingerprinting, Take 3

This morning, Z and I headed off to get our fingerprints taken...Again. This time for USCIS.

We dropped the boys off at the before-school program, drove to the Federal Building, arrived for our 8:00am appointment, and were back on the road by 8:30am. At least it was a quick appointment this time.

On the way home, however, Z and I talked about how it all just seems like an exercise in futility. We are one step further into the process. But with each step, it feels more and more like we are walking into a dark tunnel...with no light to guide us from the other side.

I hope we're wrong.

1 comment:

Sister Haiti said...

Praying for you guys! I need to get caught up on your blog and don't know what type of adoption situation you are looking for but I've recently learned about some special needs children in Uganda that need families if you are interested (We're adopting from Uganda). Feel free to email me: sister_haiti@yahoo.com