Monday, September 14, 2009

Mish Mash

Since I'm feeling a little under the weather (and I am confined to sitting down so as not to cause my head to explode), I thought I would update the blog. It seems as though things around these bloggy parts have been neglected lately. I've had lots of things I've wanted to write...but I haven't really been feeling like sharing too much lately. We'll just chalk that up to adoption-related funk.

Today I took the little camera out of my purse and downloaded the photos. Who knew I hadn't posted photos of the boys at swimming lessons over the summer?


I am happy to report that they both passed their swimming lessons and loved their time in the pool (even though it was July and FREEZING here - we had to bundle the boys (and ourselves) up in sweats in order to get to the pool on several days).

I also realized that I had not yet posted photos of the first day of school! Yikes! Yes...we've been in session since Aug. 24th!
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5381485098028064994" />



The boys have had a mostly good beginning to the school year. I was a little worried about how Peanut would do going into Kindergarten (especially after that Kindergarten round-up in the Spring), but he's doing just fine. I expect he'll have some rough days here and there, but overall he's LOVING school. Every day the first week he would declare "Mommy! I LOVE school!" when I picked them up from the after-school program. Now, if we could just get him to eat faster so he finishes his lunch...

And Jellybean? Well...let's just say the first week was a rough one. There was a note sent home from the teacher (for bad behavior) ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! Not the best way to start first grade...But, things have picked up since that first week and he's getting back into the groove. All summer long he thought he was DONE with school, since he had finished Kindergarten. We kept trying to explain to him that he still had a lot of years of school ahead of him, but he simply didn't believe us. Apparently it was a bit of a rude awakening when the first day rolled around.

These days, we're dealing with sinus infections and a mystery rash around here. The Daddy and I have sinus issues...and poor Jellybean has a nasty mystery rash. It looks TERRIBLE. We've taken him to the pediatrician and are hoping that its cleared up soon (and that no one else gets it).

3 comments:

Heather A. said...

Oh my those boys are handsome in their new school duds!

So you've got a slow eater too, huh? I'm wondering if that's a Ghana thing or just a Mary thing around here. That child can take an entire hour to eat her dinner, and that's when she LIKES it. I occasionally miss those pre-kiddo dinners.

Bingaling said...

They are pretty handsome, aren't they? Slow eating. Argh!! T usually does pretty well...and if its food he likes he can scarf it down quickly!! But, E? He takes FOREVER to eat! We've tried setting timers, giving him smaller portions, bribing him with ice cream, all sorts of things. He just eats S.L.O.W.L.Y. I'm hoping he'll eventually get past this stage.

A. Gillispie said...

Those babies are growing up so fast! And so handsome!!!

Add me to the list of moms with slow eaters. Bright and Kendi are both slow eaters.

Anita