Friday, June 18, 2010

Pray for my hometown...

My hometown of Wadena, MN was hit by a tornado yesterday afternoon. There is a lot of damage.

I have heard from my immediate family and all are ok. Most of my family lives in the rural area and they had no damage. Amazingly those who do live in town sustained no (or relatively little) damage. But many, many others were not so fortunate. Lots of my high-school friends' families are dealing with damage and devastation. Please send good thoughts and prayers to all in (and around) Wadena, MN.

high school

community center - hockey rink

pool

high school

high school

high school commons area
Photos from the Wadena Pioneer Journal

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad to hear that your family is all okay! It is hard to see all that devastation. So very close to my old house. So sad - and yet a complete miracle that there were no deaths and not more severe injuries with all that destruction!

Miss you!