Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Vacation

The boys were so excited to go on a "real vacation" this summer (and quite honestly, so was I)! The hubby had never been to one of my very favorite places...so I decided this was the year he was finally going to see Lake Superior. We didn't have a ton of time available to travel very far this time around, so Lake Superior was a great choice for that reason. It is close (within a day's drive) and the scenery is spectacular. So even though we were relatively close to home, it still felt like we were quite far away.

Oh how I wish I lived near Lake Superior. I could very happily move to this area. There is so much to do outside (lots of State Parks, HUGE national forest areas with lots of hiking and biking)...lots of hiking around the lake...and there are a surprising number of quilt shops in the area! ;o)

Here are some random photos from our trip. We loved it...we ate lots of fish...hiked around along the shoreline...got wet in the COLD lake...did some geocaching...and generally had fun.

Oh, and I should mention that we stayed at a waterpark resort the first two nights in Duluth. The boys LOVED it. I think they would have been perfectly happy if we had not seen anything in Duluth except the inside of our hotel (which included the water park). Don't worry, though. We got them out and about to explore!










2 comments:

Robin Dodd Photography said...

How fun!!!!

Heather A. said...

Oh my gosh! The pic of the boys holding hands by the water. . . FABULOUS! Pictures like those help moms everywhere forget the times when they're socking it to each other!