Monday, August 9, 2010

8-9-10


Today was Jellybean's birthday!! I cannot believe that he is 8 years old! We actually celebrated his birthday on Friday evening, since Z was going to be out of town for the actual day. But...we packed in some fun activities for the weekend. A trip to the theater to see Despicable Me (which the boys thought was AWESOME!!), and a friend's birthday party at the bowling alley/arcade on Sunday. What is it about little boys and the arcade? I swear they could spend ALL DAY in there!

This morning, Peanut and I sang a silly version of "Happy Birthday" to Jellybean. He thought we were nuts, but it was fun.

Can you believe how grown-up Jellybean looks now? Its crazy. He got glasses this past week and is getting used to wearing them so he's ready to wear them everyday at school. He likes them (thankfully) and calls himself "Dr. T" when he wears them. Too funny! Hopefully he doesn't get tired of them or come to hate wearing them. He is pretty happy that he can see better now, though.

In other news, things around here are getting busy, busy, busy. Z has Army stuff to do...and I am back in full swing at work again (I had June and July off). Now that August is here, I am actually really looking forward to September when the boys will start school and we can get a good routine going. That, and I am really looking forward to cooler weather. I'm a Minnesotan. I'm tired of this hot and humid stuff (though, its been pretty hot and humid in MN lately, too). Last night we got 5 inches of rain. Crazy! The rivers are out of their banks again...I would really like it if it would stop raining so much so that our basement wasn't so damp and so I wouldn't have to mow the lawn so often! I am so looking forward to cool nights when I can open up the windows and feel nice, crisp fall air!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

He's so big! Happy birthday!!